"An artist is a person who uses conscious skill and creative imagination."

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Hershey's Choice Goes Audio

I've been quiet the past two weeks due to being on vacation, but during that time, I received some awesome news I've been dying to share!

Back in June, I received a notice from one of my publishers, The Wild Rose Press, that they were emerging into the audio world. I immediately signed up my three books with them. Recently, I'd been reading on my publisher author's group of other members having their books chosen, but I'd heard nothing and had let go of the hope of one of my books being picked.

Just a few weeks ago, I was contacted by the marketing director to inform me Hershey's Choice received an audition for audio. The email contained an attachment of a short audition piece by a narrator.

I was beyond thrilled!

I can't put into words how strange it was listening to someone read my story. Thankfully, her voice was clear, and she placed emphasis in areas where required. The sample was only a short piece, but I knew she was the narrator to move forward with.

A few days later, I received the first fifteen minutes of audio narration. I quickly pulled my print copy of Hershey's Choice from the shelf and read along, listening to the narrator. Being satisfied with the audio, I returned my approval to move forward with the project. I'm told the narrator is now in the process of recording the rest of the book.

Audio books have a growing popularity, and I'm delighted to have Hershey's Choice be part of this exciting venture. I'll post an update when I receive an update on its completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment