"An artist is a person who uses conscious skill and creative imagination."

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Storybook Findings

Each week, I receive a small local newspaper that comes with the retail flyers. While I usually flip through the pages to browse the articles inside, two weeks ago, the front cover caught my attention. The article highlighted a book store I had not heard of, and I was surprised to learn it was located about ten minutes away.

After reading the story, I did what every curious person does in the digital-age we live in—I checked the internet. I quickly learned about a hidden gem book store, Dartmouth Book Exchange.
What sets this particular book store from the others is the organization of their shop. Every genre has its own section, allowing you to browse the books with ease. There are sitting areas placed throughout the store, letting a customer view their selection more closely before buying.
The bonus feature of this store is its welcoming atmosphere. With my daughter and I being newbies to the store, Sue, the manager, gave us the two-cent tour, which immediately introduced the inviting personality of the staff and its business.

They have unique specialty tables, such as Canada Reads, Book Club table, Guess the Theme table, and many more!
The table my daughter and I were drawn to, and has become our favourite, is their “Blind Date with a Book” table. The wrapped book has a few hints to capture your reading interest. My daughter was immediately intrigued and selected a book. Sue graciously offered to supply her with the title, but my daughter wanted the element of surprise, and she was quite happy when she unwrapped the book at home.

This is only part of the story...

To read about my (two-page layout) visit at Dartmouth Book Exchange, visit Still Moments Magazine, and subscribe to receive the August 2017 issue.
http://stillmomentsezine.blogspot.ca/p/subscribe.html

3 comments:

  1. Love the blog and banner, such a romantic color. My niece is a big flamingo fan! The book store sounds enchanting. Wishing for one like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gini! I plan to spend more time 'blogging' and thought a softer look would be more inviting :)

      Delete
  2. I am glad you liked your visit to the store. We look forward to your next visit. Let your daughter know I added some more Young Adult Blind dates to the table.

    ReplyDelete