Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette

Finding The Write Words with Darlene Fredette
Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Guest Visit - Gemma Snow

Visiting with me today is Gemma Snow. Gemma said she's a caffeine nut, so she needs her morning coffee and time to read the paper, but she said there’s nothing better than snuggling in with a big cup of tea and a good book. (Reading and drinking seem to be a theme in her life!) She and her boyfriend just ordered a new fancy tea called Tower of London blend and she thinks it’s black tea with plum and delicious! She also studied abroad in the Netherlands and fell in love with stroopwafle, which is a caramel sandwich cookie and goes perfectly with tea!

We welcome you to join us by the fire (lots of tea and cookies) as we chat with Gemma and talk about her new release, The Lovin' Is Easy, which is available today!

Gemma, that's such a nice photo of you with the balloons! Tell us a little about yourself.
I am the author of several works of erotic and romantic fiction in both the contemporary and historical genres, and I enjoy pushing the limits of freedom, feminism, and fun in my stories. I have been an avid writer for many years, and recently moved back to my home state of New Jersey from Boston, after completing my education in journalism and creative writing. In my free time, I love to travel, and spent a semester abroad living in a 14th century castle in the Netherlands. When not exploring the world, I like dreaming up stories, eating spicy food, driving fast cars, and talking to strangers.

What one thing would readers be surprised to know about you?
I’m a huge car enthusiast. I’m actually an automotive journalist and a founding member of a classic car start up company. I have a background in art history too, and I find that writing, classic cars and art are all ways of looking at the world and recording the changing of the times, but differently, and I love that about them.

What’s your guilty procrastination secret?
This is so stupid, but I end up looking at pictures of Ravenclaw inspired clothing and design. I was totally doing it this morning. I consider myself a true Ravenclaw, and they’re all about curiosity and motivation and passion and productivity, and there I am just looking at pictures of how motivated I’m supposed to be.

What does your writing space look like?
My boyfriend and I live with my parents for the time being, so my office space is a little corner of the bedroom we share. The place is crowded (mostly books, my fault completely,) but there are two full walls of windows, which makes it seem like I’ve got a ton of space all to myself, and it’s just the most beautiful place to work during the day. I also have two full bulletin boards on the wall and on the door, one for my Special Forces WIP and the other to organize my series (eeek, working on five at the same time!) Between that and the overflowing piles of books, the room clearly belongs to a writer.

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing? 
I’m a huge book nerd, surprise, I know, so one of my favorite pastimes and daily routines is to listen to my audiobooks and go for a walk around my neighborhood. I can usually put in a solid three miles – and it’s such a beautiful area, with antique mansions and cottages – and I get an hour or so of reading in, even if I don’t get the chance to sit down with a book for the rest of the day. The walking balances out the baking, which I love to do and my family has now requested I limit to special occasions. As I mentioned before, I’m also a huge classic car enthusiast, art history fan and lifelong traveler.

What can we look forward to with your upcoming or next writing project? 
Yes! So The Lovin’ is Easy, book one in the Triple Diamond series, is my erotic take on the Montana ranch book. (You have no idea how excited I was to work on a Montana ranch book!) It’s the story of a San Francisco workaholic, Madison Hollis, who inherits a ranch in the middle of Montana from an uncle she’s never met. She plans to sell the ranch first thing, but when she gets out there, she meets the two incredibly tempting ranch managers, Christian Harlow and Ryder Dean – I’ll let you imagine from there! This story has been a fun challenge, because it’s the first in a four book series, all menage (M/F/M) taking place in Wolf Creek, Montana, on or near the Triple Diamond Ranch. I obviously didn’t want to find myself writing the same book four times in a row, so I spent a lot of time outlining and planning the complications to each relationship, and in that I got to meet and realize a lot of the internal conflict and external actions for the individual stories. Book two is actually in edits right now, so I look forward to getting started on book three! I’m also working on a couple other projects. Seduction en Pointe, book one in the Full Swing Series, came out over the summer and that follows the story of Isabelle and Niccolo, against the seductive background of Paris. Leather and Gold is the first novella in my new historical BDSM series, which just got accepted at Loose Id and Heart and Dagger is my female pirate captain romance coming from Wild Rose Press in a few months.

Learn more about Gemma here:
https://gemmasnow.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GemmaSnowRomance/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GemmaSnowDesire
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/gemmasnowdesire/?etslf=3145&eq=gem
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gemmasnowauthor/

Before we wrap up our chat, 
let's get a peek at The Lovin’ Is Easy.
The Triple Diamond series (Book 1)
Contemporary Erotic Romance (Ménage)

At the Triple Diamond, good things come in threes… 

Madison Hollis never expected to find anything at the Triple Diamond Ranch in Montana, a surprise inheritance left to her by an uncle she’d never met. With her career as an event-planning manager for the Silicon Valley tech titans, a job that has pushed her straining engagement to the breaking point, she doesn’t have time for soul-searching. 

But, out in the Montana summer sun before putting the ranch up for sale, Madison finds herself distracted by Triple Diamond’s sexy and oh-so-tempting ranch managers. Christian Harlow and Ryder Dean are best friends and total opposites, rebel country boy and pretty boy cowboy, and both are hot as hell. 

Intent on loosening her reins, Madison gives herself permission to dive into an affair, surrendering to her desire for both of them. As she gets to know both Ryder and Christian and grows all too familiar with the feeling of them on her skin, Madison wonders if it will be as easy as she’d hoped to go home and leave them behind. But when an ugly secret comes to light, it might just send her running—if something, or someones, can’t convince her to stay…

Early Download: https://www.totallybound.com/book/the-lovin-is-easy
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Lovin-Easy-Triple-Diamond-Book-ebook/dp/B074V8YY1Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1504037039&sr=1-1&keywords=the+lovin%27+is+easy
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-lovin-is-easy
Thunderclap - https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/61416-the-lovin-is-easy-is-live

1 comment:

  1. Gemma, thank you for visiting today! I would love to try one of those stroopwafle cookies! You book looks and sounds steamy. Wishing you all the best with your new release.

    ReplyDelete